Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Around the School~ #1

Hi Friends!  I'm still on my new bloggy high...ahhh I just want hang out here all day!!

Oh, and in case you were wondering why everyone was talking about "bacon" in the comments yesterday, well my Facebook followers and I were having some bacon fun :)  If you are not a FB follower-- go "like" my page because I will do quick freebies and fun things there.  Go and click my cute new little button on the upper right corner.  Oh, and while you are there, follow me on Pinterest too... I will often pin things that I think people might be interested in whether they are projects or new products.

Ok, now let's get on with the post!!  I'm so excited to roll out the first installment of ....

I have FIVE grades to share!!  These are just bulletin board displays that I see while walking around my school.  I love gathering ideas from displays and seeing what kind of projects other grades are doing.  I hope you enjoy this little tour through the grades!!

It's hard to see but the snow on the trees are made from "tinker toys" and there are cute felt patches on the snowman's hat!


The snow globe is the K version of the one I posted about a couple of weeks ago :)  Instead of "fake snow," they used cut up white tissue... brilliant! (I mean- tissue paper-- not Kleenex - just clarifying! :)



Um, cuteness!!  I am not sure if this teacher uses tracers or not- I love how they are all unique to the child.  The paper underneath is all the same and it states a few facts from his life.


These look amazing in person!!  I was told that this was an "Internet" inspired project (don't you just love that?!)  I tried to search and found this {site} that had a very similar project.  The snowman is made by ripping white and black paper and cutting the carrot nose- adorable!


On to my favorite grade (wink, wink) we made these super cute snow people from my hero- Amy Lemons!  They seriously are adorable.  We paired it up with a paper I made from my Snowman Glyph pack (see below).

I just LOVE this snowman project!!  It is from my Snowman Glyph pack and we had parent helpers who came and helped the kids paint.  The mittens hanging are also it the pack- oh, and the snowflakes in the first pic are ALSO in the pack.  You can see it here :)


This is a bulletin board that the teacher keeps up throughout the year.  The little envelope next to the pictures has the child's current goals (I LOVE that!!)  The newspaper article is one that the students wrote about themselves-- I have no idea how she made that but it looks so real!!  If you want to know, leave me a message and I'll get back to you.


I would love to know what you think!  Is this worth continuing?  I was thinking my next Around the School would be of Valentine's displays.  I will also try to include some upper elementary too.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I love looking at displays, so many ideas. I was wondering what grade 8 year olds are as I teach in Scotland and would like to know what grade mine compare to.

    Magali
    www.theeternalteacher.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! 8 year olds are considered second grade-- that is what I teach!! It is nice to have a follower from Scotland! :)

      Delete
  2. Bookmarked this page for bulletin board inspiration...all are great! (And I definitely need to do something cute on mine!)

    And what's not to love about bacon? (Although I am not sure I could eat bacon chocolate...have you ever tried it?

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the great ideas! I say keep this up! I'd like to know how 3rd grade got the realistic looking paper. Thanks! rykrbr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen!! I meant to ask her today!! I'll find out and email you! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. If some one wants expert view concerning blogging after that i advise him/her to visit this blog, Keep up the
    pleasant job.
    Here is my web site - football transfer news 2011

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hire our top-notch experts to get MBA Assignment Help & writing service with 100% Plagiarism Free. Professional academic writing available at affordable pricing by TreatAssignmentHelp.For more services : MBA Essay Help | Business Essay Help | History Assignment writing Help

    ReplyDelete