Saturday, November 17, 2012

I'm NOT a turkey!!

Happy Saturday!  So I can't help but share this adorable project that we do every year! Now it might be too late for you now...but print it ...put it in your November file... and do it next year!  OR do it in your classroom as a fun project before the big day!! You won't be disappointed!  It turns out super cute and the kids LOVE making them!
 
So, we start off by reading this gem of a book:
In the book the turkey disguises him self as the other animals on the farm so the farmer will not "cook" him.
 
{Here} are the templates and the project instructions.  Now I DID NOT create this originally, nor did the person sharing on Proteacher.  If you know who did, please let me know so I can give proper credit.  :)
 
And here are some of my favorite
"non-turkeys"
(drum roll please...)
 
owl

lion

bunny

leprechaun

Darth Vader

police officer

batman!

snowman

artist

Katy Perry...haha!

Superman

Santa..complete with a sleigh and reindeer!
And the award goes to...

 
The 29 year old pizza lady!  Heheheh! It made me laugh! :)
 
Ok...so one last picture share! Since no one got this on my last post, I'm going to share again... can you guess who is in this pic with my hubby??
Correct guesser can choose one item from my store!!  She has a new show and he will be on it in December (if I find out the exact date I'll let you know :) :)
He is such a HAM!
 
********Almost to 500!!!  I have a giveaway in the works and just need some more followers to get it rolling!!!  Tell your friends!! 
THANKS!!**********
 

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Your turkeys came out great! If you're looking for help with your giveaway I'd love to donate something!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I will let you know! :)
      Tori

      Delete
  2. So cute!! Is it Ali from Bachelor/Bachelorette???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca you are RIGHT!!!! You win!!! :) I need your email!! or email me at treb21@comcast.net :)
      Thanks for playing!

      Delete
  3. I love this activity!!! I haven't seen that book before, but I'm going to get it for next year. I have a book called, That's Not Santa, which I've used for a similiar activity except that you have to disguise Santa. Love it!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a new follower. You are close to 500!!
    Connie Anderson
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the "That's not Santa" book!! I've done the disguise Santa too! :)
      thanks for stopping by!
      tori

      Delete
  4. We also do this project every year! It is one of my favorite things we do during the year! We hang them in the hallway and there is always a traffice jam with kiddos checking them all out! I had a Katie Perry this year too! I plan to blog about this next week (I forgot to take pictures!) Thanks for sharing, they are adorable!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tori!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I am glad to have found you too! Your turkeys are adorable and the kids were very creative in their disguises! I am a new follower helping you reach 500!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for helping me get a bit closer to 500! I'm almost there!!!

      Delete
  6. Totally love the pizza delivery gal:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those turkeys! I think my favourite is Darth Vader:)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too!! Thanks for stopping by Barbara!

      Delete
  8. Your disguised turkeys turned out way cute! Our 1st graders do that project, so we can't do it in 2nd :( BUT we disguise gingerbread men instead at Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete