Saturday, January 19, 2013

Shape Freebie for my Fab Followers

Happy Weekend Friends!
I am swamped with report cards, but yet here I am typing away on my computer and making things for you (ok, so it was really for me and now I want to share with you! :)  This blog gets me in a lot of trouble!!  (but I love it!!).

So, I have my formal evaluation by my Principal this coming week.  I haven't had one of those in like forever!  You see, our district started this thing called Professional Growth Plans and I did one of those my last "observation year" (we get to choose-- hmm let's see... growth plan... someone staring at me... I chose the first!).

Needless to say... the "PGP" was short lived and now we are back to the good ole days of observations.  Gulp.

So, I decided that my Principal should probably come and see my math block.  Considering he had a Superintendent, Principal, and teacher from another school district come and see my math time WITHOUT him even know exactly what I do during math.  (if you ask me that should have been observation enough!). :)

Anyway.. there is a POINT I promise!
I realized that I needed some new math games for my Math Workshop time (read about my math block {HERE}).  So I went on a search for something free.  Nada.  I decided to make my own and wanted to share them with you!
We are studying plane shapes right now so I made some goodies to go along with that.








There are two pages of shapes with the names and # of sides/vertices- so helpful for the kids.

You can grab this for FREE if you click the above picture.

If you like it, PLEASE leave me feedback!

******

I am SOOO excited about two upcoming things... 
first, I will be starting something called
AROUND THE SCHOOL
I will take pictures of projects/bulletin boards etc. of many of the grades in my building (anywhere from preschool- fifth grade).  This way you will get LOTS of ideas from lots of grades-- I was going to take pictures yesterday... guess who forgot :(
I plan to stop by school today or tomorrow and get this post up soon!! (and then hopefully make it a every other week or once a month thing).

Finally, I am so excited I could just scream!!  My blog is getting a MAKEOVER!!!  You MUST stop back in the next few days because it will be ready very soon!  :) <-----so happy!



16 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What a great idea! Good luck with your observation and report cards this week!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobe the shape facts! Perfect for those GT kiddos! Thanks for sharing!
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just what I need right now! Thanks so much! I can't wait to go back and read about your math block. Math is the most difficult part of my day, and I am trying to figure out how to make it better! Thanks again!
    Who's doing your blog makeover?
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shape activities will be perfect when we get to our geometry unit! I'm always looking for engaging activities for Math Workshop. Thank you for sharing!
    I should be working on report cards too... but instead I'm reading blogs, haha!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is great - we just spent some time on shapes last week. Thanks for sharing.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! I teach reading(K-2) and love it sooooo much that I am sharing your unit with the math team!!! You did a great job!!!
    ellen.yucht@imagineschools.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great freebie! I'm featuring this post on Bagels and Blogs tomorrow. :)

    Donna
    Math Coach’s Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these. I just may be your newest TPT follower. I am also going to follow your blog. I found my way here thanks to Donna Boucher of Math Coach's Corner. Liz in COLD, snowy South Dakota :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing! So fun. Can't wait to see your new blog! Who is designing it?? A new design is on my "to have done" list. Ha!

    Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for these awesome freebies! Love them!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so great!! Found my way to your bloggy land via The Math Coach's Corner. I will use these in our Geo. unit this week. Thanks so much for the Freebie!!
    Mary ~ 2nd Grade in New Mexico :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! These are great! And just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the freebie! I am going to use a couple of these pages in my summer school math class. I did find one little typo though--The Shape Bump game says "role" instead of "roll."

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are some interesting points in time in this article whack the teacher unblocked but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

    ReplyDelete
  15. These shape activities will be perfect when we get to our geometry unit! I'm always looking for engaging activities for Math Workshop. Thank you for sharing! tiffany necklace germany , tiffany necklace usa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice blog post! Really i like to appreciate your blog information. Nowadays, In Job sector or In college, Schools, Typing work most popular and important. If you are curious to know more, you can check Average Typing Speed For Programmers. If you are programmer or developer and want to know about your typing then visit here.

    ReplyDelete