Thursday, May 24, 2012

Freebie!

Days left!!  Are you as worn out as I am??  Boy am I R-E-A-D-Y to begin my summer break! :)  I must be getting old because this is the first year that I am seriously counting down the days!  My class is counting too... but as much as I try my hardest to keep their focus and attention (by creating a 3 ring circus act!) their focus is on swimming, playing outside, and of course no school.  




So... in honor of my 7 days left... I'm giving away this Awesome activity to the first 7 followers to leave a comment with your email address.  I LOVE this activity that was all a buzz on Proteacher.net last summer.  It is called "Brain Bubbles" and the kids in my classroom work on this when they finish their work and need something to do.  I put the activity cards (like task cards) in vending machine containers, however if I were to do it again, I would use plastic eggs or something easier to open.  Here's a pic of what they look like: 


I created my own activities that went inside the little containers.  They have a mix of math, reading, and writing.  They are easy enough for the kids to do independently which was important to me as I did not want to explain how to do the activities to the kids who were done with their work.  I have a sample of the activities in my TpT store.  Here is an idea of what some of the activities look like:
My class LOVED getting a "bubble" to crack open and see what they'd be working on.  Each container had a number written on it, and that number was then written in the box on the recording sheet so they could keep track of what numbers they had previously.  The sheets were then kept in their W.I.P folders (work in progress).  I put first and second grade activities (above) because I think it would be the best fit for those grades, HOWEVER, I think your high K and lower 3rd could also enjoy these too!


Ok lucky 7... if you are interested in a copy of this for your next year's class... come on down and put your comment and email below :)


**I know I promised the plant reading incentive "freebie" (mentioned in the post below).. I'm working on it and will hopefully add this weekend! 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tori,

    You have so many great ideas! I teach 3rd Grade (in Australia) and your packet sounds fantastic! And since our school year finishes in December, I will have plenty of time to use it this year!

    Thanks for being so genorous!

    Alison

    aahislop@yahoo.com.au
    mathswithmeaning.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison! I am so excited for you to use this! Thanks for reminding me that there are others out there that have more time to spend with their kiddos... I can't complain about my 7 days! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, me,me! This looks great, Tori. Count your blessings you are down to 7 days. I still have a month to go. Wishing you a fabulous summer.

    nmrios@hotmail.com

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I have nothing to complain about! Enjoy your last month with your kiddos!

      Delete
  3. This year was tiring for so many people so you are not the only one. I would love a copy of this. It looks great :) I hope your last 7 days go well. :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life
    mynotsoelementarylife@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! Down to 6 now...yippee! :) I hope you can enjoy this activity next year!

      Delete
  4. Yay! I'm still in the running! Yesterday was our last day, so I'm sorry you're still in school, but you're almost there! This activity looks awesome! Thank you!
    Ann
    sielaff6@hotmail.com
    TheCaffeinatedclassroom@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the last day! 6 to go now... I think I can, I think I can! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm with ya...I still have 9 days left! I love the idea of Brain Bubbles. I always have students that finish early & this would be perfect for them! I would love this!!

    Lisa
    fsuteach81@yahoo.com
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad that you can use this! My kids also loved working on all the different activities... it was a big hit! :) Good luck with your last days!

      Delete
  6. Id love this

    Theard86 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete