Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Around the School #5- May!

Boy is the year coming to an end QUICKLY!  I can't even believe that we have only 8 more days- and they are a PACKED 8 days!
That is why I'm even surprised that I fit this last Around the School in before the end of the month! (and it will start up again this next school year- I'd looove to hear from you about continuing it- if you enjoy the monthly posts! :)

If you are new to "Around the School," it is a chance for me to share anywhere from preschool-fifth grade (each month will be different) the projects and activities that I see as I visit these different grades.  You just might see a new idea (or two!).

I hope you enjoy this tour!
















Love these symmetrical butterflies- I think they might have been painted and then folded in 1/2 to get the same look- they look amazing hanging in the room!














Rainbows!















I can't tell you how amazing this looks in the room- and it's HUGE :)















Frog and Toad cuteness!  The kids chose their favorite character and wrote those traits in a 
paragraph!















The second graders are "growing" flowers by reading! (the word "occur" is a vocabulary word)















During the morning of our 1800's day the kids created a quilt square!  They "stitched" around the outside and then decorated it with symbols from long ago.  It looks amazing all together!















These were made with our uber talented Art teacher- they used copper paint- sooo cool!















More symmetry!





























Bird research and wordle!















Great idea if you work with multiple grades!
Or would make a super cute bulletin board in your grade!















I just love our librarian! :)


Coming up....
~End of the year gifts
~End of the year countdown/activities
~About Bloglovin'

I'm also thinking about starting "Teacher Tips Tuesday" (click to check out one from last summer!!) back up - might just be my summer thing.  Anyone interested in being featured?  You write a "post" and I put it on my blog- then I send traffic your way (and you my way too!).  It's so fun to highlight new blogs and learn some great tips too!

Let me know!!

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea...it is neat to see all of the different grades!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Kheila!! It is one of my favorite posts to do every month!! :)
      Tori

      Delete
  2. I would love Teacher Tips Tuesday! I am always looking for ways to work smarter, not harder!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Would you want to contribute a post? I can contact you with more details! Just let me know :)
      Tori

      Delete
  3. Two ideas I loved:
    Symmetry Bugs - I'm going to write that idea down for next year.
    Wordle - I've used it before, but I really liked the way the teacher displayed the finished products.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - Teacher Tip Tuesday would be great. I love hearing the ideas that other teachers use in their classrooms.

      Delete
  4. Tori,
    I've learned so much from you this year, and would be honored to write a guest post for Teacher Tip Tuesday! Thanks for your never-ending enthusiasm and inspiration.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your 'around the school' posts! I'm always looking forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE all the cute ideas from other classrooms, too! Thanks so much for sharing. I LOVE the idea of Teacher Tips Tuesday. Not sure if you're still looking for people for it, but I'd be glad to participate :)

    mrscap6(at)gmail(dot)com

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete