Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Earth Day and Tagged Again!

So I woke up today in the best mood, got ready and my son ready quickly, and we were out the door so smoothly that I was thinking... this is too good to be true.  It was.  Got in the car... dead battery.  Figures!  Luckily, I have good people that helped me get to school and home to jump my car (and my day got better!).  The reason I'm telling you this is because I was going to include some totally cute pics of an Earth day art activity (from the Lorax) but because I had to run out of school quickly to jump my car, I didn't get them taken.  So ... next post!  BUT, I do want to included a different Earth Day project that my students worked on in the last few weeks.  I teamed up with the librarian who helped my students research in books and on the Internet of ways to "go green."  They thought of problems and solutions to help our Earth.  Once all ideas were compiled, the students made pictures to represent these ideas out of recycled material (i.e. bottle tops, newspaper, wallpaper, magazines).  The pictures they made turned out SO cute!  We then scanned them into PowerPoint, added their voices and it became a way to teach the entire school how to Go Green! :)  Here are some examples:






Tagged Again!
Jenny at Luckeyfrog's Lilypad just tagged me.  Here are her questions:

1. Did you take lessons in anything as a kid? I actually took ORGAN lessons.  We had an old organ and my mom wanted me to learn to play.  That was short lived! ;)

2. What is the one book you would recommend to a new teacher? Daily 5 and CAFE... it is an amazing way to organize and teach your reading block time!

3. Who is your very favorite children's book author or illustrator? Author AND illustrator: Jan Brett

4. If you could only listen to one musical artist/group for the rest of your life, who would it be? Wow, toughie... lately I'm loving Adele. 

5. What is your favorite dessert? French Silk Pie...yummy!

6. What is your biggest strength as a teacher? I've really worked on my time management and I think its pretty good. :)

7. What is your favorite piece of clothing? I am so not a fashion person so anything I say here would probably sound silly ;)

8. What is the last thing you bought? Easter eggs to use in my classroom!

9. If someone gave you $500 for your classroom right now, what would you buy? More non-fiction books!

10. What is your favorite vacation spot? My honeymoon was at Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and it was BEAUTIFUL!
I'm at 19 followers! Yippee! If you didn't see... I'm doing give-a-ways for every 10 followers so hop on board and get in on the free stuff!  Have a wonderful Wednesday and thanks for reading! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Tori,
    Found your blog thru the Forum. Happy I did. I'm new to blogging too. Am also having a giveaway, so SWING on over and check things out. I'm your newest follower! :-) Michelle nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle! Yippee! Thanks for joining! Can I ask what the Forum is? Is that on TpT? Going to check out your blog too!
      Tori

      Delete
    2. Yep, TpT is where I saw something posted with your blog. Did you post something there maybe about having a new blog? :-) Thanks for checking mine out! Happy ALMOST Friday. :-) Michelle

      Delete
  2. Hi Tori!

    Your blog is precious!

    I am so happy to be your newest follower. Time management is easy...I just wish there was enough time in the day to do all that I need to and am supposed to! =)

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I know what you mean, time is a killer! There is never enough time in the day!
      I'll be over to your blog now!
      Tori

      Delete
  3. Hey Jen! Thanks for joining! I will be over to your blog too!!
    Tori

    ReplyDelete