Friday, April 6, 2012

Going Green

So the second graders have been working on a few projects to celebrate Earth Day!  We've also coordinated this with our Science unit on Natural Resources so it was a nice tie in.  Our first project was an at-home assignment.  The children were to find an object (s) that are no longer being used and "save" them from the trash by reusing the object as something new.  It was TOTALLY amazing to see some of the things that the children created!  I saw an orange juice container turned into a wallet (no joke!), a pair of jeans turned into a "snake" to stop the draft from the door, and even cereal boxes turned into drawers for storage!  Here are some pictures of a few other things:


Glass Jar- now a picture frame!                                                           M&M wrappers-a wallet!          





This is a ketchup container now a bird feeder!





These are water bottles turned into a jump rope!  My personal favorite!  :)





I hope you enjoy this FUN project!  More Earth Day to come in the next day or two so come on back! 

                                         

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing how creative kids can be! I think your blog looks fantastic! I just became your newest follower. :) I'm relatively new to the blogging world too. Swing by my blog sometime if you get a chance....
    http://allthatglittersinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! I am so happy you found me and commented! Yes, very new to this so I am super excited to have more followers! I will be going to your blog next! Thanks and I look forward to sharing and learning!
      Tori

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done something similar before, and it is so much fun. I just found your blog and I'm excited to follow you!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Jenny for finding me! I will be heading over to your blog now to return the favor! I'm celebrating 10 followers so if you leave your address you can get a free poster! :)

      Delete